Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dear Ellie...

On the last day of May, I want to share a special video with you.  It captures our journey perfectly.

I can't say enough about the songs.  Both songs mean so much to us.  We were blessed to see Casting Crowns and Laura Story in concert recently, and I was so overcome with emotion when I heard each of these songs.  The first one, "Be Held" shows the great love of our Father.  I love the line, "Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place."  Honestly, in those first days and months we felt like our world had come crashing down.  But this song so beautifully reminds me that, it is most definitely falling into place.

The second song, "Blessings" elicits so many emotions in me.  Our dear friends created a CD for us to listen to on our drive to Greenwood Genetics Center, the first time we were to talk with them about Ellie's test results...this was the first song on the CD...it means so much.  I was sitting in church about a month after Ellie's diagnosis and someone again sang this song…everytime I hear it, I am moved to tears.

Enjoy it, share it, love it.  Thank you for reading my blog and all the posts.  It has been a wonderful month, sharing with you.  I will continue to write, fight and trust our journey.

Dear Ellie...
https://vimeo.com/m/96960405



Thank you to Casting Crowns and Laura Story, for your enormous talent, passionate love for the Lord, and amazing lyrics…they have helped us heal, and provided peace and hope.

Thank you to Faith Gaskins…she is the rock-star producer and creator of this wonderful video.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment